Last Updated: September 18, 2020
We are here to provide you with tools and services that are designed to help you reach success in your real estate endeavors. Before you get started, we'd like to tell you more about what we do with information we collect about you.
In other words, as verbose as they are, please read these documents carefully.
What This Policy Covers
That said, you should know that we may provide third party content or links to third-party web sites or applications, or include features that allow you to connect your accounts with third parties, such as financial institutions or social media platforms like Facebook. When you leave our Services or interact with a third-party feature, you should also read the applicable third party's privacy policies and terms of service to make sure you understand how they might collect and share information about you (each company is different).
Information We Collect
To put it simply, there are three main ways we collect information about you: when you give it to us, with automatic technologies and when we ask others for it.
Information You Provide to Us
You may provide information to us in various ways, such as through forms, features or other means offered through our Services. This includes information you provide to us about other individuals, such as co-applicants for a loan. A couple of examples include information you provide to us when registering as a Mototext Homes Officer, and forms where you send us comments, questions, feedback, or other information. The types of information you provide us fits into two general categories:
- Personal Information: This is information that identifies you or others personally, such as your name, address, email address, or phone number.
- Non-Personal Information: This is information about you or your household that doesn't identify you personally, like your gender, income or what types of properties you're interested in.
When we combine information that isn't Personal Information (like Non-Personal Information or Usage Information, which we explain below) with Personal Information, we treat it like Personal Information for as long as it is combined.
Information We Automatically Collect
In addition to information you provide to us, we automatically collect certain information about how you access and interact with our Services (“Usage Information”). This Usage Information is a key part of how we improve your Mototext Homes experience and provide you with more personalized insights and recommendations. We and our partners may use various technologies to collect and store Usage Information in connection with our Services. These may include things like cookies, browser web storage (e.g., HTML5), web beacons and similar technologies. There are three types of Usage Information we may collect:
- Device Information. This is information about how you access our Services, such as the operating system, hardware model, application or browser type and version, and unique identifiers associated with your device.
- Log Information. There are certain pieces of information we automatically collect in system logs or similar files about how you interact with our Services, such as which features you visit or click on. This Log Information may also include things like your IP address, browser or device configuration, date and time of access and cookie information.
- Location Information. We may use certain information like your IP address or other Device Information or Log Information to estimate your location (e.g., your city or state). We may also request to use location-enabled services on your device (which typically provide GPS or Wi-Fi access point details) to enhance our Services. We will only use these location-enabled services on your device with your consent, though.
Information Third Parties Provide About You
We may work with different third party partners to supplement the Usage Information and other information we collect directly from you. For example, our partners may provide us with information such as employment or income data, vehicle or driver information, or information about special offers available based on your credit profile so that we can give you more personalized recommendations. We might also collect information from other users like you through things like a member referral program.
How We Use the Information We Collect
We use the information we collect from you and third parties to operate our Services, communicate with you, conduct research and development to improve or enhance our Services and our users' experience, and promote our Services. These are a few examples:
- To create your account and provide the Services to you. We use the information we collect to create and secure your account, create and maintain your Member Profile, and to provide the Services to you.
- To improve our recommendations and insights. The information we collect also helps us tailor our content and improve the way we match you to recommended offers or insights. We're constantly working on ways to better identify and present the information that's most relevant to you.
- To communicate with you. We use information we collect to provide you with support or to send you things like service-related announcements, recommendations, offers from our partners and other updates or promotions. Most of the time we'll communicate with you by email, but we may also send you push notifications, browser notifications, or text.
- To conduct research and to improve and promote our services. We use the information we collect to conduct research and to improve or enhance and promote our Services.
- For legal reasons. We reserve the right to access, use, preserve, transfer or disclose, at any time without notice to you, any information (including Personal Information) as reasonably necessary to comply with any applicable law, regulation, subpoena or legal process, or respond to any governmental requests and cooperate with law enforcement, if we believe such action is required or permitted by law; and enforce our Terms of Service, including investigating any potential violations;
- To prevent or detect fraud. We use the information to protect the safety, integrity, rights or security of our members, our Services or equipment, or any third party; detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues related to our Services or our partners; or in required institutional risk control programs.
When We Share the Information We Collect
First, we want to be clear about how we do not share information about you:
- We do not share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties (except as required by law, or agents acting on our behalf; we explain that below).
- We do not sell your Personal Information to or share your Personal Information with unaffiliated third parties for their own advertising or marketing purposes.
Now let us explain how we could share with third parties. We may share information about you, including Personal Information, with third parties in a variety of ways, such as:
- When we collaborate with third parties to provide and improve our Services. We may sometimes share information about you with third parties we collaborate with in connection with providing or improving our Services. This can occur, for example, when we send your information to a potential investor to purchase your property. Other examples include when we're providing an integrated or co-branded feature with a partner or doing a joint research project with another organization to help improve our Services. We may also share information like the feedback you submit to us if it relates to both our Services and a partner's products. When we share information with third-party collaborators, our collaborators are obligated to follow obligations above, but may also use the information in connection with their own activities to the extent allowed under their own privacy practices (e.g., respond to your feedback, conduct additional research, or improve a feature of theirs).
- Our partners when you ask for their services. We may also give you opportunities to interact with third party partners through our Services, such as when we provide you with the opportunity to review and send your personal information to a partner in order to pre-populate your application on the partner’s site, when we send your personal information to partners in order to generate offers for you to review, when we send your application information directly to our partners, or when we send you to the partner’s site for you to provide the information directly to them. In some cases, if you click through to go to a partner’s site, you will automatically be sending your personal information to that partner. When this happens, you will still have to submit your application on the partner’s site. Remember that any information you provide to the partner, whether through us or on your own, will be subject to their privacy practices and terms and conditions.
- When you publicly post the information. As part of our Services, we may provide opportunities for you to publicly post reviews, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, which may include Personal Information, like your name. Anything you share in a public forum is, obviously, public, so think carefully about what you decide to share.
- As Part of a Corporate Change. We may disclose and transfer information about you to a third party as part of, or in preparation for, a change of control, restructuring, corporate change, or sale or transfer of assets. If such a business transfer results in a material change in the treatment of your Personal Information, you will be notified by e-mail (using the primary email address on your account) or by a prominent notice on our site.
- For Legal Reasons. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose information about you to third parties for certain legal purposes, and as permitted by law. (You can read more about these in the “How We Use the Information We Collect” section above.)
- To Prevent Fraud. We reserve the right to transfer or disclose information about you to third parties to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims, or other liability, and for required institutional risk controls.
- With Your Consent. There may also be other limited contexts in which we share specific types of personal information with your express consent.
Our Security Practices
Mototext Homes maintains physical, electronic, administrative and procedural safeguards intended to protect the confidentiality of Personal Information that we collect about you. We limit access to your personal information to help protect against its loss or misuse.
If you have any questions about security on our Services, you can contact us at email@example.com